Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day Two - Hello Mickey (& Winnie the Pooh)


Our first day at Disney was spent at the Magic Kingdom. We saw Cinderella's castle, rode rides, and met some of our favorite characters.

It was really hot. October is supposed to be nice in Florida. It was hot. It was really, really hot. In fact, it was so hot that Florida set heat rocords - most consecutive days in October for 90+ degree days. Julietta was a trooper.

We didn't know we were a Winnie the Pooh family, but the restaraunt where we ate hosted all of the Pooh characters.

Julietta thought is was awesome!

She loved all of the furry animals . . .

especially Piglet.

I took something like 700 photos over the week. On "It's a Small World" I hung back for a second to snap a quick photo of the family on our little boat. Just as I said "smile" the gated SLAMMED shut and the boat took off. I tried to get through, but the gate was locked! Here is the photo I did get from the boat I got on.

It was a magical day.