Friday, August 27, 2010

A Typical Summer Day

Have you ever wondered what a typical day looks like in the Keathley-Helms household? I realized when I was going through our archives that I have nearly an entire day documented from early in August.
This is the real story of six people who live in a house - watch as their lives unfold. {grin}

After waking up and eating breakfast, Ella and Liliana return to their room for a little R&R. I sent Jack upstairs with the camera to document what they were doing. Here are the images he captured. Ella was playing with her Barbies and the Magic Barbie Castle Grandpa TX bought for her.

Liliana was deep into Harry Potter (and avoiding the camera).

After a phone call to confirm plans with a friend, Ella and Liliana got ready to go on a playdate.

Liliana wanted to talk as well. Who knew the phone calls started before Junior High these days!?!

After his stint as official family photographer Jack brought some dinosaurs downstairs for a nice game of dinosaur wars.

The T-Rex dominated.

There wasn't much time to devastate the Paleolithic herd because Jack had to get ready for a birthday party.
After dropping the big kids at a birthday party and playdate, Rena and I went to lunch and the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum in Kansas City. Derek stayed home with Julietta while she napped .

We returned to Lawrence and went to retrieve Ella and Liliana from their friend Sidney's house. While I was in KC with Rena I received a text message with two images.

Here's the first one - Ella in a bucket. That seems normal enough right?

How about this one - Ella, Liliana, and Sidney playing in buckets -ok, fine. But what's that in the background? Yep, it's a camel and a zebra - in Lawrence - in someones yard!

Here's the photo I took of the amended herd with my point and shoot camera I keep in my purse. Just another day in Lawrence. {grin, grin}

After getting the girls, we headed to Jack's friend Erin's house to pick him up from the birthday party. Say cheese!

Once back home Derek and Jack set up MANCALA. Jack was, as usual, kicking Derek's booty (for real - not the dad lets the child win kinda whooping) when Derek said . . .

"Jack, can you just let me win one?" Jack looked very serious/perplexed and replied "Dad, I don't know how to play dumb."
HILARIOUS!

The goal of the game is to get the most pieces in your tray. Derek's tray is on the left, Jack's is on the right. {grin}

While the boys were inside playing, the girls were outside.

Julietta thought the sprinkler was fun until it sprayed her.

While Liliana was practicing pitching Derek came outside with a golf club.

. . . and was checking out his swing.

Liliana was practicing pitching through the water . . .

and was having a ball!

Starting early.

After dinner, we headed to the Club for a little swim.

No swim would be complete without a friendly game of apple tree.

Back home we showered and got ready for bed. Jack and Julietta ended the evening with a tea party.

Everyone was tired and went to bed. Ella and Liliana have their own beds, but like to share.
Derek likes to fall asleep in the family room before he goes to bed . . .

. . . it's good practice for later in the night when he has to sleep on the sofa with Julietta. {grin}
So, that's what a day (without sports) looks like for us.
What does your day look like?

No comments: