Monday, March 1, 2010

Inspiration

I take lots of photos. It's easy to get into a rut. We live our lives in basically 6 rooms. Julietta is confined to four (our main level). When it's freezing cold outside it seems that all of our "backdrops" are the same - a messy floor, a kitchen, you get the idea. I don't "style" many of our candids, but I saw these photos a few months ago and was inspired. I did not think that Derek would pose with me in a field so I used my little muses. I wanted to do all white balloons, but the scenery is so muted (aka, grey and dreary) these days that I thought a pop of red would be a fun touch. These photos are totally unedited. It was freezing outdoors so we didn't have much time to play around and see what worked. The first series is of Liliana, then Ella, then both.