Thursday, March 17, 2011

Celebrating Julietta


Once we got Grandma in Russell (Grandpa got there later) and Uncle Miles set up on Skype we started the celebration. Julietta was miffed that she did not get to be the photographer (that's Ella and Liliana's camera she is holding). Then we told her she could open her packages and she didn't care about taking photos any longer. {Side Note: After breakfast I told Julietta it was time to change clothes so we could go bye-bye and have a fun day of manicures and burritos. She did not want to take off her cute cupcake jammies . . . At. All. She rubbed her little tummy and waved me away with a pouty head shake when I tried to unzip her pajamas. I explained to her that her cute cupcake jammers were for eating yummy birthday donuts and that her pretty little safari dress (a hand me down from her big sissies) was her present opening outfit. We were sitting on the couch having this heart to heart and right next to us in the middle of the floor was a stack of gifts bigger than Julietta. Julietta quickly agreed to change clothes once she heard my rationalization. Dressed in her cute dress with striped leg warmers and a brightly colored beaded necklace she rushed to the gifts eagerly trying to tear into them when I realized that a newly minted two year old doesn't understand the unstated implication I meant to infer in my clothes changing "deal." Luckily when I said we had to wait for Ella, Liliana, and Jack she agreed and the presents went unwrapped until . . .} . . . the crew came home from school and Julietta opened her first present and I realized that we hadn't taken photos of the birthday girl with her set up. So once again present opening was put on hold and Julietta's new kitty sat and took pictures with Julietta. I only took a couple . . .
"Julietta, if you smile for Mommy you will get to open presents and . . .



. . . we will sing happy birthday to you and. . .



. . . blow out TWO birthday candles and . . .



. . . put on your new birthday bib and . . .



. . . eat yummy birthday cake!"



"What, I'm not touching the delicious looking cake with edible animals. What are you doing?"
Click HERE to see how much Julietta has grown and changed in a year.



Ok, ok, I took more than a few. Anyway, on with the celebrating.


Julietta enjoyed opening gifts.
Miles enjoyed watching from California. {grin} Grandma and Grandpa joined in via our laptop.


Present opening was no joking matter.
Julietta got a new Kitty and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, a personalized book, a pretty new pink dress, pjs, Little Mommy, and some kitchen accessories - a Melissa and Doug birthday set and a cookie baking set. Grandma and Grandpa in Russell got Julietta a cute new baby (above), Liliana got Julietta a new necklace and The Bunny Book.


New pjs.



A new baking set for her play kitchen.

A Melissa and Doug happy birthday cake set.
Some new dress up shoes.




A new dish set.







We had a great day.


It ended with the blowing of candles - kind of.
"It's stop, drop, and roll people not blow, blow, blow! That's hot!"




"No, I will not blow."


"But I will eat, thank you very much."



No comments: