While Julietta napped I put the finishing touches on her birthday cake.
She was really excited when she woke up.
She loved the animals on the cake.
She pointed to the monkey and said "ooh, ooh, ah."
I worked on sculpting the animals for three days during Julietta's naps.
After all the children went to bed I baked the cake and made the back drop from four different fabrics.
We re-used Julietta's birthday bunting from last year. I love the vintage nesting blocks Grandma and Grandpa Russell gave her for Christmas. The monkeys are the perfect addition to Julietta's table scape.
I found the zebra print "J" for around a dollar in the clearance aisle at the fabric store about four months ago. I found the basket and a few other safari themed items in the same clearance section. The zebra wrap came from Hobby Lobby and the safari paper was a fun find at the dollar store. The cute cupcake personalized bib was made exactly to my specifications by a lady in Georgia. Everything turned out so wonderfully. Julietta had a wonderful day filled with special surprises! Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment